TIP OF THE MONTH
January is a great time to reboot! Having said that, rebooting of course varies from person to person. For one it may be on a physical level. Here we can think about caring for our body, exercise, eating well, sleeping well. . .etcetera. . .
For the next it may symbolise our emotional body. I always remember hearing the analogy for this body as energy in motion. Our memories are stored in this layer of ourselves, we make stories here too, so it’s a nice time to reboot and be aware of the stories that we are telling ourselves. . .and to transform them into the stories that serve us best.
For yet another it may be on a mental level. Are there any courses and workshops that we want to attend? Hint, if creativity is on your list. . .the monthly painting workshop starts on January 23rd from 18:30-21:30 at Atelier Molenpad in Amsterdam.
Then of course we have our spiritual body. What is a way that you choose to uplift your spirits? This is again so much up to our individually and based on what will nurture our spirits most. My go to here is often along the lines of meditation, long walks in nature and being in the now. Even making time for volunteering can bring just this nourishment. . .
End of the day what we often crave is a balance between all four bodies, layers of ourselves. When we pay attention to where we are right now, we automatically get a chance to reboot. From this place we can focus again on adding or removing behaviours for ourself that will give us the balance that we personally crave on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies.
So I think that you can see my thoughts about a nice January reboot. It’s a way to let go of complications and choose what you would like this year to bring. When we start with a blank canvas, we can fill it with colors that we wish to experience this year. I personally like to think of these three bodies (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual) to be sure that I am filling up the canvas in such a way that will nurture my self throughout the year.
This is a great personal exercise as it is for your team at work. A great way to do such an exercise is at the studio, Atelier Molenpad. Here I offer these type of team building sessions. Have your team discover more about each other through painting abstract self portraits. Have you team collaborate on a painting together to reveal information that relates not only to their interaction, but also to how they can serve their customer better!
Contact me for more info: www.daniellarubinovitz.com
Do give the tip of this month a go. Feel free to contact me when you are ready to explore your next chapter together, regardless of location. With Skype, Whattsap Video and Factime at our fingertips locations know no boundaries as well!
OUR TIP THIS MONTH:
My tip this month is create a painting based on 4 levels: Body, emotional, mental, spiritual.
- Instinctually select an art material (acrylic, watercolour, colored pencils, crayons) For each of the 4 levels
- Fill the complete page intuitively with these materials.
- Take a step back to see your painting and see if you want to add or take away something.
- When you feel that it is complete, prop your painting up and observe it in a non judgemental way.
- Take note of what you notice.
- Create a story that serves you! Have fun with this storytelling. It’s fun to play further with verbal and written storytelling based on your painting!
1) SMART Intuitive 7 Month Painting Club: We will resume on the 23rd of January, 2018 with mostly monthly in-person meetups at the studio. This journey starts 6:30pm- 9:30pm Amsterdam time. We meet in person, on a Tuesday evening. Sign up now! Newcomers to the studio may be able to attend one class as a one time single workshop (as long as space permits). http://www.ateliermolenpad.com/intuitive-painting-plus/
2) Art Installation: La vie an rose will be in Keukenhof this season again! And if you know of a great location for this installation, please reach out to me! More info and pictures at: https://www.daniellarubinovitz.com/artist/throughrosecoloredglasses/ .
3) SMART week retreats in Amsterdam and Greece: For those that like to plan in advance: In 2018 I have a new retreat date.
The week retreat in Amsterdam will be on 9-13 July 2018.